Ringo: Peace & Love is both the first major exhibit ever dedicated to a drummer and the first to explore the extraordinary career of the 7-time GRAMMY Award® winner. The scope of exhibit spans Ringo's early life growing up in Liverpool, from Raving Texans turned Rory Storm, from The Beatles, to becoming a solo artist and then to the All Starrs with whom he is on tour now - this unique collection brings together diverse artifacts, rare and never before seen photographs, documents, personal letters and footage.
Ringo: Peace & Love will be located on the second floor and will include:
- The drum kit Ringo played at Shea Stadium
- The drum kit he played on the Ed Sullivan show
- Ringo's Sgt Pepper suit
- The cape he wore in Help!
- The Red Jacket worn during the filming of The Beatles rooftop concert
- Personal letters, photographs and documents from the Starkey family and Ringo's days with the Beatles
Ringo: Peace & Love will be on display in The GRAMMY Museum's Special Exhibits Gallery through November 2013, after which the exhibit will tour to select cities to be announced soon.
Source and official webpage: GrammyMuseum.org