Move over, Ms L!

Hi all, wondering why you are looking at this jumbled up page? This is due to the fact that Facebook didn't like our url since it starts with wog, so we have been forced to move the blog. This was some time ago, and we have placed a script which would automatically send you to our new location. Obviously, this hasn't worked for all of you, since we have just finished moderating some of your comments which appeared on this site recently, and not on our new (and improved!) site. So what we're saying is head on over to our new site, and update your bookmarks!

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Post no. 1000!


It's been a busy August here at the WogBlog headquarters, mainly due to the fact that I'm currently out of a job. My final day at work was at the end of June, I spent most of July on holiday in California and Nevada, and since then I've been filling in job applications.

I've been busy in the Beatles department, though. Currently I'm getting everything ready for the annual Beatles Festival in the Norwegian mountains, and I was also brought on board as a "Beatles consultant" for a series of concerts which will be running annually from 2013 to 2019!

That may be something of a world record, since the series will be presenting all the Beatles songs from a particular year. This year's concerts will concentrate on the 1963 releases, with "Please Please Me", "With The Beatles" and the singles.
The basis will be an instrumental "Beatles group" with the standard configuration, with well known Norwegian singers up front.

The concerts will all be held at Oslo's Concert House, and may also be touring somewhat. The 2013 concerts will be held on the 23d and 24th of November, and a pre-premiere will occur at our Beatles Festival, October 19th.
So there's going to be a bit of a media blitz about these concerts in the upcoming weeks, I've already been on the air at a couple of radio stations, promoting the gigs.

© Photo: 2013 Fredrikstad Blad, Magnus Nygren Syversen

Here's a photo of me (with the peace sign) and some of the other participants in the concert series, taken outside Oslo's Concert House.

Then of course, there's the autumn issue of the Norwegian Wood magazine, with a deadline fast approaching, and I need to write a bit for that.

So, sorry to be rambling on about myself and my life at the moment, but it's my blog so I do what I want with it, as they say. And being blog post no. 1000 I felt like doing just that.

Anyway, back to our normal programming...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 1,000 posts, Roger. You do great work!

Lance T. Osborne said...

Yeah, thanks Roger. I'm very happy I found WogBlog!

Nicki said...

Congratulations on 1,000 posts and a great blog. Delighted to see you getting all this credit for the BBC vol 2 story.

Stephane said...

Thanks Roger for your blog. It's always interesting...

Thiagones said...

Since you have made a "personal" post, it's time for a "personal" salute! I've been reading your blog for quite a while now, and I just have to say thank you for your wonderful work. You rock!
Cheers from Brazil!
Thiago