Move over, Ms L!

Hi all, wondering why you are looking at this jumbled up page? This is due to the fact that Facebook didn't like our url since it starts with wog, so we have been forced to move the blog. This was some time ago, and we have placed a script which would automatically send you to our new location. Obviously, this hasn't worked for all of you, since we have just finished moderating some of your comments which appeared on this site recently, and not on our new (and improved!) site. So what we're saying is head on over to our new site, and update your bookmarks!

Monday 15 December 2014

The Beatles in St. Louis book

Our friend Sara over at the Meet The Beatles For Real blog has started a funding campaign to help her achieve her goal of writing a book about The Beatles' visit to St. Louis in 1966, as well as subsequent visits to the city by members of The Beatles. Here's her plea:

Ever since I was in the 4th grade, I have dreamed of writing and publishing a book. After running the popular Beatles blog site for the past 5 years, Meet the Beatles for Real, I have decided that Ican make my dream come true and write a book about the Beatles. Living close to St. Louis, Missouri, and being a Beatles fan, I have always been fascinated by the stories of the fans who saw the Beatles that rainy night on August 21, 1966 at Busch Stadium.

I am in the process of writing a book about the Beatles in St. Louis. The book will include the stories of the Beatles 1966 concert and also stories of George Harrison's concert in 1974, Paul McCartney's concerts in 1993, 2002 and 2012 and Ringo's concerts in 1995, 1997. 2000, 2001 and 2014. Right now I am calling the book "Happiness is Seeing the Beatles."

I want this book to be the best book that I can and it needs a lot of photos to make the stories come to life. Of course including photos in a book costs a lot of money and that is why I am asking for some help.

Please help me with my dream of writing a Beatles book.

Peace and Love,
Sara S.

Visit this website to help Sara raise $2000 towards the project. Anyone who contributes at least $25 will receive a free copy of the book when it is published in the summer of 2016.

4 comments:

Sara S. said...

I thank you so much for your help! If any of your readers out there saw the Beatles in concert at Busch Stadium, please email me at Beatlesbusch66@gmail.com

Meisron said...

Well from the way I always heard it, a Mark Richman was the only person with a camera with color film who photographed the Beatles at Busch. He has hocked is pix on QVC & is always looking to sell his pictures. I have no doubt he'll find you if he sees this.
Good Luck!

Sara S. said...

I have spoken to Mark on the phone. His high price for the use of his photos in the book is what has sparked the need for this campaign.

Meisron said...

Mark is ridiculous! Well had I been there, I would have donated my photos to you for free (as a bird), But sadly, I wasn't ...although I did see Paul many years later on a wonderful foggy night at Busch. And do take note that the image I use on my google account is Paul looking directly into my camera waiving the Missouri Flag at his show in K.C a few years back! ...Best of luck on your quest to get a book together on The Beatles St. Louis concert.