Memorabilia specialists Tracks has an interesting item for sale, one which gives us a glimpse of what a Beatles concert, two and a half weeks after they had been recorded playing at the Star Club in Hamburg would have been like. A fan has jotted down the titles of the songs the band played at a gig at the Majestic in Birkenhead. The lead singer is also identified, but unfortunately not on the songs the fan was not familiar with. It seems to me that the set list looks like it's a young girl's handwriting. It also looks too neat to have been jotted down at the gig, she probably scribbled down just some abbreviations and later wrote it down properly, probably at home.
The songs are:
- Unknown (I Saw Her Standing There - Paul?)
- Shimmy Like Kate - John
- Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - George
- P.S. I Love You - Paul
- H (unknown) (Honey Don't - John?)
- Chains - George
- A Taste of Honey - Paul
- Please Please Me - no lead vocalist indicated, but it's John's song
- Three Cool Cats - George
- Unknown (Till There Was You - Paul?)
- Anna (Go to Him) - John
- Hey, Good Lookin' - George
- Hippy Hippy Shake - Paul
- Talking 'bout You - John
- Devil in her Heart - George
- Some Other Guy - John
- Ask Me Why - John
- Roll Over Beethoven - George
- Love Me Do - no lead vocalist indicated, but it's John's song.
|Probably the first Beatles single in the world with a picture sleeve, |
this is the Danish/Norwegian cover of the Please Please Me single.