Move over, Ms L!

Hi all, wondering why you are looking at this jumbled up page? This is due to the fact that Facebook didn't like our url since it starts with wog, so we have been forced to move the blog. This was some time ago, and we have placed a script which would automatically send you to our new location. Obviously, this hasn't worked for all of you, since we have just finished moderating some of your comments which appeared on this site recently, and not on our new (and improved!) site. So what we're saying is head on over to our new site, and update your bookmarks!

Wednesday 1 April 2015

In memory of Cynthia Lennon 1939-2015

Cynthia visiting Oslo in 1991, here she poses with members of Norwegian Wood, the Beatles fan club.
I was saddened to hear that John Lennon's first wife Cynthia has died after a short struggle with cancer this morning. She was 75 and died in Spain where she lived, her son Julian was by her side.
I had the pleasure of meeting Cynthia when she visited Oslo back in 1991, we shared a bottle of wine the night before the opening of a John Lennon memorabilia exhibition she was hosting. She seemed to be such a good person. Surprisingly, she told me that she helped John with some of the lyrics to the song "In My Life".
My thoughts go to Julian.
Julian has posted this tribute to his mother: Cynthia Lennon Memorial

2 comments:

Martin said...

RIP Cyn. A good woman. Better than John deserved, to be honest...

David Brailsford said...

There are many men like us that have been with women better than we deserved and have hurt terribly.

I met her once and she was wonderful and kind about John. I only hope that my ex-wives will be so kind about me some day.

Rest in peace, Cynthia.