|Egypt Station from Paul McCartney is to be released on 7. September. And then some.|
So far, a number of variations of the albums have been announced, but there are more to come, and this will probably be the McCartney album available in more editions than any other album of his.
Capitol Records have never shied away from marketing.
Egypt Station has been recorded in studios in Los Angeles, London and Paul's own studio "The Mill" in Sussex, and is produced by Greg Kurstin (Adele, Beck and Foo Fighters), except for one song, "Fuh You", produced by Ryan Tedder. Tedder actually produced three songs for Paul, but "Fuh You" is the only one of those who made the album. The instrumentals "Station 1" and "Station 2" bookend the album. Other songs mentioned in the press release: an acoustic "Happy With You", a slogan anthem "People Want Peace", and a seven minute long suite along the lines of "A Day In The Life," "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey," "Back Seat of My Car," or "Band On The Run," called "Despite Repeated Warnings". More song titles have not been revealed.
In a new interview, McCartney said that playing in the tiny Philharmonic pub in Liverpool gave him the urge to play more of these kind of concerts in July, after which he will move on to bigger productions, so it's likely that means another stage of his tour. Be on the lookout for those pub concerts!
|The "Target" edition containing two extra tracks.|
Okay, so we promised a breakdown of the full array of editions of the album, here goes:
- An album with 16 tracks as download
- 140 gram black double vinyl, single jacket with 16 tracks (14 songs + 2 interludes)
- Same on coloured double vinyl
- Same from Barnes & Noble on coloured double vinyl, likely a unique colour to this store
- From Spotify and other stream providers
- 180 gram black deluxe double vinyl unique tri-gatefold packaging with 16 tracks
- Same, on coloured double vinyl
- CD with 16 tracks
- CD with 18 tracks, but only from physical stores
- Target (USA) / HMV (UK) edition with two extra tracks
- Luxury boxed set with 26 tracks and various ephemera (Coming in October)
- And when that one sells out, expect a re-release without the ephemera
|There will be both 140 and 180 gram editions on vinyl, and colour variations of both.|